Today’s Conservatives claim to love America and respect the constitution , but oppose many of the principles for which it represents. Not all Conservatives hate their country , but a great majority of them behave in a way that is contrary to their morals and values. They believe they are more intelligent , morally and mentally superior , more accepting of change , and more tolerant. But nothing could be further from the truth. Today’s Conservatives are a dying breed. They are going the way of the dinosaurs , and they have no one to blame but themselves for their demise.
The following list is a number of examples that prove most Conservatives don’t love America.
- Today’s Conservatives hate liberals. They don’t just hate them , but they often accuse them of being un-American , traitors , of behaving like Nazi’s simply for having an opposing point of view on a number of subjects , such as same-sex marriage , abortion , etc.. Conservative Christians are constantly whining about liberal policies such as same-sex marriage , and abortion , and how they will inevitably lead to the destruction of America by the Almighty , or that the Gay Gestapo will soon begin rounding up all of the persecuted Christians.
Today’s Conservatives hate the current president.
When Barack Obama was initially elected president of the United States , Conservatives in congress vowed to make him a one term president. They did everything they could to make him look illegitimate. They falsely accused him of being a foreigner , a communist , a Nazi , a traitor , a racist , and a Muslim terrorist enabler. They don’t just hate him , they want to see him fail in everything he does , because their hatred is more important to them than seeing a black man with a foreign name succeed as a president. By their behavior , today’s Conservatives have proven that by wanting to see their president fail , they don’t care if their country fails.
- Today’s Conservatives believe America is a Christian nation. Republicans often claim that the founders who framed the constitution , intended America to be a theocracy. But nowhere in the document does it say any such thing. God is never mentioned , nor the words ‘a Christian nation.’ The founding fathers intended state and religion to remain separate : ‘Congress shall make no laws respecting the establishment of religion , or prohibiting the free exercise thereof.’ However , Conservatives conveniently ignore this part of the first amendment by claiming that the words , ‘separation of church and state’ do not appear anywhere in the constitution. They deny it because it doesn’t fit their narrow view of how America should be. Today’s Christians , a majority of them Conservatives , believe theirs is the only legitimate religion , and that the bible should be the law of the land , not the constitution.
- Today’s Conservatives oppose equal rights for women , gays , illegal immigrants. Conservatives claim they are big proponents of civil rights , but when it comes to anything they don’t like , they have proven to be for the exact opposite. Conservatives have been opposed to equal pay for women , raising the minimum wage , claiming it will lead to job loss , and ultimately ruining the economy. They also claim to be opposed to big government , except when it comes to controlling the private lives of others , such as a woman’s right to choose to have birth control , or an abortion. Or the rights of same-sex couples to be treated fairly under the law , because a book that was written thousands of years ago , says it’s a sin.
Today’s conservatives claim they are patriots.
The truth is , most conservatives have no idea what a true patriot is. They believe hating liberals , Democrats , the current president , gays , feminists , minorities , and anyone who isn’t a rabid supporter of the second amendment , makes them a patriot. These fake patriots are represented by the likes of Ted Nugent , who deliberately soiled himself to avoid the draft. They believe the second amendment gives them the right to overthrow the United States government , and anyone who disagrees with them is a traitor.
- Today’s Conservatives are more for the wealthy than the working poor. Conservatives often claim they support the poor , but when it comes to actually doing something to help them , it’s usually the opposite. Republicans in congress voted to cut 39 billion from the food stamp program how house gop would cut food stamps by 39 billion , benefits that millions need just to survive. They often portray welfare and food stamp recipients as lazy moochers , drunks or drug addicts , of getting rich off their benefits , buying expensive things that most of us can’t afford , like brand new cars , while conveniently turning a blind eye to the real welfare queens , multi-billion dollar corporations that receive billions in subsidies each year. They also claim to support the troops , but again , when it comes to actually helping them , that’s not always the case. Republicans in congress have been on record as opposing more than a few bills that would benefit our veterans. Do house Republicans really support the troops? It would seem they are really nothing more than hypocrites.
- Today’s Conservatives are anti-Muslim. Since the first election of Barack Obama , there has been a sharp rise in anti-Muslim sentiment , giving way to outright hatred. Conservatives have taken their hatred for the president , and expanded it toward Muslim Americans. After all , many of them still believe Obama is a Muslim who supports Muslim terrorists , so they have no problem believing all Muslims are terrorists.
- Today’s Conservatives are anti-education. For decades , Conservatives have claimed that public schools , and especially colleges , are indoctrination centers for radical communist liberals who are actively brainwashing children into communism , anti-Christianity , evolution , feminism , and same-sex marriage. Conservatives fear educated America. They’re angry that they can no longer enforce their indoctrination of Christianity on Americas youth , so they have launched an all out assault on public education.
If Conservatives really love America , then why do they oppose nearly everything it stands for?